Saturday, April 20, 2013

Starting the Garden!

Dale and I worked in my garden area this afternoon.  Was so grateful for a helping hand as we leveled the ground on the side of my garden area for cinderblocks to be laid out to hold my container gardening that I'm doing as well as the ground. 

I planted six Early Girl tomatoes, two pickling cukes and six pole beans.  I've got at least one pea plant coming up but will have to do more in the next week.  I've been saving my eggshells to plant some of my seeds in this year to help hold down the slug population.  I may have to put slug bait down in the next day or two as well. 

Here are the first pics!



In the front of my "plant stand" I may be putting down my mulch bark I bought and work it around the walkway I'm building that goes into the garden area.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment